[HCoop-Discuss] Dell order has shipped

Richard Darst rkd at hcoop.net
Sun Dec 20 13:23:18 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 09:14:28AM -0500, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> Dell's new estimated delivery date is December 24.  I was _wondering_ if
> they were being very conservative in the initial estimate. :)

Awesome!  And the drives are likely there, too.

> Richard, you said you will be around on January 5 and 6.  Would you be
> up for attempting installation in that period?  Davor and Clinton, would
> you also be available to provide the needed remote support on those dates?

I will be here  those days, and can help out any time (for
comparison, lately I've been sleeping a few hours at a time multiple
times a day, so even late night / early morning times should be fine).

However, if it arrives on December 24th, I *will* be around then,
leaving on the 25th.  So if it really arrives then, it's feasible that
I can go install it on the 24th.  Of course, installing it and then
leaving the state for 10 days isn't the best thing, but would allow us
some flexibility to do tests, etc, at a leisurely pace during the
break.  We might not want to do the actual migration until I get back
-- I'll leave this to Clinton and Davor to decide.

Anyway, that's my story.  Let me know what times of day you're
thinking about.

- Richard