[HCoop-Discuss] Update on hardware purchases, etc.

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu Dec 17 10:31:25 EST 2009

To the best of my knowledge, I've now placed orders at Dell and Newegg,
for the items detailed in docelic's recent e-mail.  I paid with our bank
debit card, which, as I wrote recently, often causes address
verification problems for shipping to Peer 1; still, I'm optimistic
because we are dealing with two big, established companies that must
often encounter similar situations.

The Newegg order may even have been verified already.  I'm not sure how
to interpret their latest e-mail, but it does say that "order
verification is now complete."

I still have nothing from Dell beyond the automated message sent right
when I placed the order.  I think I will need to check with them about
exactly what will appear on the shipping label, since that's not clear
to me from the confirmation, and we don't want to confuse the Peer 1 people.

I gave Richard Darst's name and phone number in the shipping information
for both vendors.  I also just made my best effort to contact Peer 1 to
get him added to our access list.  When I get a response from Peer 1,
I'll also try to get him set as our primary contact.

When I went to configure the Dell order, I noticed that docelic's e-mail
included an uncertainty about which power cord to select.  Since this is
probably a minor, inexpensive thing that's easy to buy locally, I kept
the default option selected.  Everything else not mentioned explicitly
in docelic's e-mail was left the way it was set at the shopping cart
link from that message.