[HCoop-Discuss] Final Hardware List

Richard Darst rkd at hcoop.net
Tue Dec 15 09:19:49 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:53:26PM +0100, Davor Ocelic wrote:

> 2) Why take the Seagate disks when they have bad customer ratings
> right next to them on Newegg page?
>
> Seagate's quality dropped enormously lately - at least on the
> SATA disks - and the customer reviews only confirm it.

> So long story short, I suggest 1TB WD disks with 5 years warranty,
> same price and best customer reviews of all offered by Newegg.
> The shipping is also free like for Seagate:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136313

I'll wait for final word before I make the purchase.  If someone can
say "go, richard, buy N of these now" then I'll do it.  I may wait for
later this week/early next week to allow some other credit card
purchases to settle - they arrive fast anyway.

As far as installation dates go, I will be able to install them
between Jan 4th and Jan 6th, or anytime after Jan 11th.  (I'm out of
town that second weekend, so perhaps after that is best so that I can
be on call to fix things).  I can install it late at night if that is
best, or early in the morning, or during work - just let me know what
is most convenient.

Clinton, board: what can I do to get an access card and Peer1 access
for me?

Thanks,

- Richard