[HCoop-Discuss] Frank's confusion

j.c.hallgren at juno.com j.c.hallgren at juno.com
Wed Aug 19 05:08:21 EDT 2009

I've been staying out of this mess but now must put in my $.01 at least...I'd have to definitely agree with John S's reply to this...

I think if HCoop were to fall apart, (which I hope doesn't happen because I don't know where I'd find a host for my site that gives me the minimal features I need for such minimal cost), I would have to put almost all of the blame on Adam's attitude and behavior here, and this posting by him is just the latest example of the childish attitude and hostility that I've seen recently.

Now to the most condescending stmt that I've seen in months: "Startling as this may sound, software cannot cause hardware failures."...well, it CAN cause hardware problems!  Here's a link to a pgrm that I use which, if used improperly, can fry my system: http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html because if I use it to force my fans to be off, I can quickly overheat my CPU and that will be hardware damage...there are other system utilities that warn they can cause hard drives to fail or wear out prematurely, and improper refresh settings can damage a CRT...ok, so that second one's a bit of a crossover, but it's set via software...and let's not forgot about a failure in BIOS flashing...that's software, but fixing it requires a hardware fix in many cases.