[HCoop-Discuss] The future of HCoop

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Tue Aug 18 09:24:05 EDT 2009

About two weeks ago, I posted a message making it clear that we need
some new volunteers to step up and do most of the technical planning and
implementation for HCoop.  The alternative is our current sorry state,
where we have had general member web sites be down for more than a
week.  A few people suggested that they might be getting into the needed
roles, but there have been no follow-ups, so I think this is the
appropriate time for me to conclude provisionally that this may be the
end of the line for HCoop.

If nothing serious changes, then I am going to resign from all technical
responsibilities within the next few months.  Past that point, I will
let any problems that develop stay broken, with no intervention from
me.  I feel like my good will in volunteering is being held hostage by
members who aren't willing to dedicate any of their own time.  I
recently had the experience of thinking during a doctor visit that I was
glad to have an excuse for getting away from the stress associated with
trying to make HCoop work.  To me, that's a sign that I need to start
getting serious about getting out of my responsibilities to HCoop.

Someone else needs to take charge of things, or we will soon be
announcing that all members should be working on moving their stuff off
of HCoop servers, so that we can move them out of colocation.