[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-SysAdmin] sanity check

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Wed Aug 12 13:57:32 EDT 2009

This is awesome.  After months of concerted effort, I've finally
managed to get AdamC to learn AFS administration, and even perform
some of that work himself!  This is great!

However, despite these jubilations:

Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:
> If you're willing, I know I'd certainly appreciate a further sanity
> check.

Unfortunately, sanity check failed.  Deleuze will not boot properly
without another AFS server up.  This is a problem which is specific to
hcoop, which we never managed to deal with properly (I deserve some of
the blame for not getting around to this sooner).

You should make sure that Derrick is completely familiar with this
hcoop-specific problem in order to ensure that he gives you the
correct advice for our situation.  I suspect that he has a different
scenario in mind.

Anyways, you've been warned: the actions you propose will bring down
all of hcoop's services.  Please do not undertake them.  I'm CC'ing
hcoop-general so there is an archived record of this warning.
Follow-ups can go to hcoop-sysadmin only if you like.

  - a