[HCoop-Discuss] Request for voluntary donations

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu Sep 18 10:15:26 EDT 2008

Ron Senykoff wrote:
> My guess is the $5 max people are a minority, and I can't see that we
> set the price of hcoop membership relative to them. People can hate me
> if they want, I don't care. I'm getting way more capability out of
> hcoop than I would out of somewhere costing 4 times as much.
>
> Where in the hcoop bylaws does it say we will never charge more than $5 a month?

I didn't mean to imply that there is any official commitment to that
policy.  What I meant was that it would be a shame to lose long-time
members over this when there is an easy work-around.  The people stating
this $5/mo. requirement tend to be using little enough of our resources
that they could easily find $5/mo. hosting with comparable capabilities
elsewhere.