[HCoop-Discuss] Request for voluntary donations

Ron Senykoff rsenykoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 10:06:33 EDT 2008

> won't pay more than $5/mo. for HCoop services,

When I joined HCoop I was under the impression that the fees would
adjust as needs changed. Joining hcoop as a member then saying "I
won't pay more than this" is pretty lame. It's like owning a condo.
Sometimes there are assessments which everyone has to share in... you
don't have an 'option' of not paying. If the roof needs repair, the
roof gets fixed and people share in the cost.

My guess is the $5 max people are a minority, and I can't see that we
set the price of hcoop membership relative to them. People can hate me
if they want, I don't care. I'm getting way more capability out of
hcoop than I would out of somewhere costing 4 times as much.

Where in the hcoop bylaws does it say we will never charge more than $5 a month?

-Ron