[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Announce] Reminder about AFS permissions

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Tue Sep 9 13:52:38 EDT 2008

"Daniel Margolis" <dan at hcoop.net> writes:
> So how can we restrict access to our home directories so that not everyone
> on the Internet can list the contents? My recollection is that "l" is
> required on ~.

Correct.  You need to make sure that:

  system:anyuser has "l"  permissions on ~
  system:anyuser has "rl" permissions on ~/.public

It should be okay to revoke system:anyuser access to pretty much
anything else.  So, if you're paranoid:

  fsr sa system:anyuser ~ l
  fsr sa system:anyuser ~/.public rl

One of the nice parts about AFS is that these sorts of decisions can
be left up to individual members, and the admins don't have to impose
a single one-size-fits-all policy on everybody.

  - a