[HCoop-Discuss] testing websites

Peter Gammie peteg42 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 04:54:34 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm struggling to debug my website config, which is exacerbated by a
lack of timely feedback from logs.

It strikes me that a general solution might be to have a playground
domain accessible only from mire. Roughly, given my domain peteg.org,
a domtool variant would configure peteg.org.test.hcoop.net, and the
(unified) logs for all sub domains of test.hcoop.net would be
publically accessible on the filesystem. Sure, there are plenty of
security issues, but that's a tradeoff I'd be prepared to make. One
could imagine the settings on that sub domain being purged regularly,
e.g. within an hour of being established, or when the user logs out.

What do people think?

cheers
peter