[HCoop-Discuss] PHP 5 now available for member use

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Thu Jan 24 14:36:13 EST 2008

I suggest something like that to ensure nothing breaks:

1. Existing users will not be forced to migrate to php 5.

2. New users will have php5 enabled by default.

3. existing users will be able to change the default.

To implement this, there should be a mechanism that will allow users to
change the default behavior of domtool, and I am not sure something like
that exists yet.

a possible solution would be to introduce a file ~/.domtool/defaults
which will contain some specified defaults

the new-user-script will copy the file into the home dir of new users,
so changes to the default will only effect new users.

the code itself should also have a default which should be the safe
default (in this case, phpversion = php4), to ensure that users that
does not phpversion in their defaults file will fall back to php4, which
they are already using.