[HCoop-Discuss] Goals and policies

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sun Jan 6 09:18:54 EST 2008

Shaun Kruger wrote:
> It
> may cost more, but I don't have to worry about spending the time
> needed to be a good member of the coop community (something I don't
> feel like I have time/interest for).

I don't think our notion of "being a good member of the community"
includes much more than paying your dues on time.  There is also voting
for board members once a year, and I think that's about it.  No one will
mind if you unsubscribe from all of the mailing lists but hcoop-announce.

And I'd like to add that I prefer shared hosting over VPS, because it is
a lot of work to maintain your own server with proper security,
back-ups, redundancy (here we get into maintaining a _set_ of servers!),
etc., and I'd rather share the effort with as many others as feasible.
I think most of our members feel the same way, but maybe you don't.

This is not to say that you don't have good reason to leave, but only
that the only reason you gave that makes sense to me is lack of
public-key ssh log-in.  (And megacz says he'll implement that some day. :-])