[HCoop-Discuss] Deposit/balance policies

j.c.hallgren at juno.com j.c.hallgren at juno.com
Sat Jan 5 12:55:29 EST 2008

I would agree with this concept, as I'd like to see any deposit kept separate so I know exactly at a glance where my day-to-day balance is at. Having the deposit, balance and total as three amounts viewable in portal should make keeping track of user's status quite easy, as if the deposit is not broken out, I'd have to keep that in mind when trying to determine if I need to add funds.

There have been times when I went below $10 but I've tried to keep it at least close to that when possible. There was a time when I believe I was negative, but that was when I just couldn't see any progress on new systems, and was holding back until I did. I wouldn't object to having to keep a deposit of somewhere around $15 (in my case), since that could be used as "overdraft protection" in a way, should my day-to-day bal get used up.

-- staylor at ncf.ca (S. Taylor) wrote:
My balance versus my deposit: what I see ($X.XX) is the
strongest message of my status. I would prefer that balance
to exclude my deposit. If I also know that a non-negative
balance means I can leave the co-op and receive that deposit
in full I have another incentive to maintain a positive
balance. Perhaps the portal balance should include a notice
"includes depoist of $X.XX."