[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Announce] New kinds of contact information settable in the portal

Steve Taylor staylor at hcoop.net
Mon Feb 25 13:19:22 EST 2008

Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:

> I've added ways for each member to set a Freenode IRC nick and postal
> address in the portal at:
>     https://members.hcoop.net/portal/contact
>
> I'll also take this opportunity to remind everyone of how important it
> is to set contact information in general on the portal.  We will feel
> free to take down sites and even kick people out of the co-op if their
> balances are negative and we can't get ahold of them solely using the
> contact information they've provided on the portal.
>
> We're not making any promises to use any contact methods but e-mailing
> you at hcoop.net, so keep reading mail sent to that address or keep your
> .forward file up-to-date to get your HCoop mail sent to a mailbox you
> read regularly.  It can't hurt to give us more options in case of
> emergencies, though.

Thanks for adding nick and others to the drop-down box. How should we
indicate the emergency options? Is what "Alternate e-mail" refers to?

By the way is that is it too complex: revising things like the contact page / associated
files, scripts, etc. or would you prefer that someone with the right
skills took it over?