[HCoop-Discuss] [docelic,ntk] Balances policy

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sun Feb 24 16:00:35 EST 2008

docelic wrote:
> BUT, can we solve the following two problems:
>
>  - allow members who pay $10 or $20 at a time to reach their $15 deposit
>    over time, and not at once?
>
>    Maybe we don't need special code for this, and could simply grant
>    this individually to members who ask.

Sure, I'll vote for this.  We can put up one sentence telling members
that they can contact us ahead of paying to arrange special deals if
they can't afford $20.  I can't help wondering whether we really want
members who can't afford $20 one-time, though.

>  - allow new members to pay $10 like now
>    and test-drive HCoop for 45 days.
>    After which they can choose whether they want to become full-time
>    members and pay $15 deposit + at least another month.

Sure, how about we say that, whatever account freezing rules we decide
on, we waive them during a member's first month with us?