[HCoop-Discuss] When I talk do you listen? Do you answer? Parlez-vous francais

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sun Feb 24 09:08:25 EST 2008

Stephen Taylor wrote:
> Tell me about yourself. Yes I should read the contact
> pages. But I'm still asking. ( I read too fast )

As someone else suggested, this kind of message shouldn't be on
hcoop-discuss.  Take this as an explanation of policy, not as a rebuke,
please.  hcoop-misc would be a fine place.

One of the surprising aspects of making HCoop work (to me) has been the
critical place of attention management.  Different members have
different preferences for what kinds of discussions they want to
participate in.  Someone who wants to be involved in the social
organization of HCoop enough to subscribe to hcoop-discuss may still
have a relatively low e-mail volume threshold.  If he receives many
messages with people introducing themselves, this may lead him to
conclude that he doesn't have the time to read hcoop-discuss, and thus
we lose a valuable voice in decision-making.