[HCoop-Discuss] Proportional Representation?

David Snider david at davidsnider.net
Sun Feb 24 04:24:26 EST 2008

I've always seen the coop as a wild west libertarian-like organization.
The idea is to keep costs as low as possible by finding as many
technically competent do-it-yourself type people as we can. The ones
that can't hack it are a drain on the system and I am fine with seeing
them leave.

The absolute last thing I want is one of these massive "it takes a
village" molly-coddling schemes where everything becomes politicized and
people are walking on eggshells to cater to the smallest common
denominator.

This is a web hosting site. We are not feeding people or curing disease.
It is not going to change the world or even make it a better place. It
is a mutually beneficial arrangement of people to get the best service
possible at the lowest cost possible.

When you do your cost\benefit analysis of HCOOP you need to factor in
the amount of time you are going to be spending trying to figure things
out for yourself or getting in contact with the people who do. It may
not be worth it for you, but there are plenty of people for who it will be.