[HCoop-Discuss] Draft data confidentiality policies

ntk ntk at hcoop.net
Wed Feb 13 17:25:52 EST 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:13:40 -0600, Michael Olson <mwolson at hcoop.net>
wrote:
> ntk <ntk at hcoop.net> writes:
>
>> Resolved, that the following be enacted as an official policy of HCoop,
>> Inc.:
>>
>> 1. Members are responsible for setting appropriate technical prom
>
> Typo?

Uh, yeah.  Not technical prom.  This sentence got munged in the version I
sent, I intended to express in that section that members are basically
responsible for setting permissions on files to prevent casual viewing and
indicate their confidentiality etc.  We can hash that one out.

Also I think that the Policy 2 (Privacy Policy) needs some other things
that aren't in it now.
Like what will be done with membership data and retention and privacy
policies with respect to the portal and general HCoop website, with
financial data, etc.  But most of it is in there, although I think there
are places where Policy 2 can be reworded or refactored to be better
organized and phrased.