[HCoop-Discuss] share domain control between two accounts

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Mon Feb 11 19:48:28 EST 2008

"David Crawshaw" <crawshaw at hcoop.net> writes:
> I'm hosting some static content for a family member who would like
> access to edit it. The simplest thing I can think of is signing them
> up for an account. The only issue is I would like to give them
> subdomain.zentus.com and maintain zentus.com under my account.

Hi David.  I must've missed your account application; welcome aboard.

Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:
> If you have a trusting relationship with the user you are collaborating
> with, one of you can grant the other write access to his whole
> ~/.domtool directory.  You can't set file-level permissions with AFS,
> and Domtool doesn't traverse ~/.domtool subdirectories yet, so this is
> your only option as Domtool is implemented today.  I can improve it as
> needed to cope with new situations like yours, though.

It seems like the minimum new functionality to accomodate this would
be the ability to ask the domtool server to re-process an arbitrary
user's ~/.domtool directory, rather than just the user's own
directory.  Then David could have ~/.domtool/somedomain be a symlink
to another directory whose ACL lets the collaborator do things.

  - a