[HCoop-Discuss] ByLaws change vote - 40 voters total?

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Sun Feb 3 15:37:06 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 14:18 +0700, Peter Gammie wrote:
<SNIP>
> I voted yes because I think it is important to increase the number of
> people taking responsibility for HCoop, in order to avoid burnout. I
> was and am a bit wary about the undemocratic aspects of the new
> bylaws, but - based on a month's membership and some reading of the
> mailing list archives - I hope and believe that there is enough
> goodwill in the HCoop community that abuse won't be an issue any time
> soon.
>
> cheers
> peter

I've been rather vocal about what I feel is too much centralization,
though I wouldn't go so far as to say Hcoop is undemocratic. It's
democracy without enough checks and balances, IMO, though I've been
quiet about it lately because I haven't come up with a good proposal for
achieving more balance. Some form of proportional representation might
do the trick.

Michael Potter