[HCoop-Discuss] Tax crap

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sat Feb 2 11:54:00 EST 2008

Adam Chlipala wrote:
> Nathan Kennedy wrote:
>
>> 2. I remind Adam and Davor that it looks like we are eligible for a
>> refund for the $143 in taxes we paid for 2005, and I should file for a
>> refund soon to avoid losing the chance do to the statute of
>> limitations.  Please let me know if I can go ahead and prepare that--I
>> will not file for it without approval.
>>

> I vote for filing for this refund.  It will be interesting to figure out
> how to add it to our accounting, though.
If we return it as savings, we need to go back and figure exactly how
much each member at the time it was billed paid towards it, and refund
it to those members only.  (Including members who left since then.)

It would be much simpler to just apply it towards a future expense, e.g.
the next Peer1 bill after we get the refund, and bill that out to our
members reduced by $143 ($607 instead of $750).

I'll figure out what form to use and email the list when it is prepared.