[HCoop-Discuss] ByLaws change vote - 40 voters total?

docelic docelic at mire.hcoop.net
Fri Feb 1 07:47:36 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 10:50:36AM -0500, David Snider wrote:
> When I got to the poll it was already 38 to 1. So there was not much
> point in voting other than to declare your stance.

No, on the contrary. Every vote counts, and also for two other very important
reasons besides the vote itself:

1) We get to see how many of our members are "reachable" and read HCoop
   mail

2) We get to see what the opinion of ALL our members is, not just
   the group that voted. For example, voting result "40-1-1" is much
   less meaningful than "60-20-20", even if the fineal vote result would
   be "Yes" in both cases.

There is always a point in voting at HCoop. I would like to encourage
you and other members who had similar thoughts like you to surely vote
in the future. (Especially if you were already on the voting page and
1-click away from placing your vote :-)

Thank you,
-doc