[HCoop-Discuss] Windows err msg: "Integrated logon failed: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm"?

j.c.hallgren at juno.com j.c.hallgren at juno.com
Fri Sep 28 23:27:48 EDT 2007

Ok, so I'll admit I'm the oddball user here...Being on Windows 2000 and not at all aquainted with AFS and such...but..earlier today, I must have gotten real lucky as I installed OpenAFS 1.5.25 and MIT Kerberos Windows KFW 3.2.1, then tried a few things based on what I could find in wiki (couldn't find the doc that I recall seeing from Adam M), and managed to get access to my directory on new servers, and even was able to map a drive to it...I was feeling pretty happy...the feeling didn't last long, however, as...
Then I had to log off using Admin (which I use only when absolutely needed, as in M$ updates), and back on my Hallgren user id...well, since then I've tried a few things but I still can't get past the error as shown in subject, which occurs when I'm in process of logging in to Windows...I tried going back to Admin acct, but what had been working doesn't any more...phooey!
Well, I can still access new server via CoreFTP which I was surprised at, but happy to see.
Not sure if the following has any effect on this, but:
1) my HCoop password and local W2K pswd are totally different.
2) I'm using OpenDNS servers instead of default Verizon DSL values
3) I'm still showing some sort of a connection, it seems, in Network Identity Manager, and in OpenAFS, but I'm unable to map a local drive letter to my HCoop directory.
I'm still quite confused about much of this, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know, please, as I'd find it useful to not need to fire up CoreFTP to move files to/from my site. Thanks!