[HCoop-Discuss] ikiwiki on Mire

Francois-Denis Gonthier neumann at lostwebsite.net
Wed Oct 24 19:20:44 EDT 2007

Hello all,

Following the discussion about the test ikiwiki setup on the sysadmin list
made me reconsider my plans to use it for my personal site.  The last time I
looked into ikiwiki, I was blocked by the fact that the ikiwiki version that
was available in our current Debian version was old.

This fact has not changed.  Etch has a pretty old version of ikiwiki.
Development on that wiki software is going fast.

This brings me 2 questions:

- What ikiwiki version are we testing?

- If that is a recent version (a backport, or the version from Debian
unstable), could it be made available to users wanting to setup their own
wiki using ikiwiki?

Before anyone mentions, installing ikiwiki by hand is possible, but check the
list of Perl module that may need to be installed:

  "Ikiwiki requires the Text::Markdown, URI, HTML::Parser, and HTML::Template
   perl modules be installed, and also uses the following perl modules if
   available: CGI::Session, CGI::FormBuilder (version 3.05 or newer),
   Mail::Sendmail, Time::Duration, TimeDate, HTML::Scrubber, RPC::XML,
   XML::Simple, XML::Feed, File::MimeInfo, Locale::gettext (version 1.04 or
   newer)."

That also doesn't include the packages needed by the potential plugins.  This
will be a last ressort if I need a recent ikiwiki, but I would much rather
use the common setup.