[HCoop-Discuss] Some stalled mail being redelivered on new systems

Michael Olson mwolson at hcoop.net
Fri Oct 19 11:21:52 EDT 2007

`
I noticed that some mail was being placed in /var/mail/USERNAME on
deleuze, due to the occasional past AFS issue or misconfiguration.  I'm
redelivering all of that email now, so don't be too surprised to see
some old messages in your Inbox.  Kinks in this part of the delivery
system are still being worked out, so it might be possible for some mail
to be sent multiple times.  Apologies for that.  Once I sort this out, a
script will be run daily to reattempt any email that didn't make it into
your ~/Maildir the first time.

The rationale for doing this is that since members cannot login to
deleuze, it is impossible for them to access that mail, hence it is best
to attempt redelivery.

--
       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |