[HCoop-Discuss] Membership pledges

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed May 2 13:49:11 EDT 2007

Tanveer Singh wrote:
> I havent made any pledge, but as I said in my earlier mail I would pay
> around 20-25$ for 2 consecutive months.
> I have uploaded my account with the said money too through paypal, but
> i am not sure wether the amount will be deducted since I have not
> commited to any pledges on the pledge page.
> AFAIK, the pledge system is something like a continuous thing, I was
> wondering wether there is some mechanism in place wherein we members
> can commit to 1-3 months of short term pledging

We could accommodate that if it were important to accommodate it, but I
don't think it _is_ important.

If you have to hesitate enough about an extra contribution that you want
to spread it over several payments, then you shouldn't be offering
anything extra.  We have enough members comfortable paying larger
amounts up front that dragging this out would only create extra
accounting work for me.