[HCoop-Discuss] Fwd: Re: [#141372549] Whether we qualify for Checkout

Franklin Gordon Bynum frank at hcoop.net
Tue May 1 14:33:28 EDT 2007

So we may use Google Checkout provided that we do not use it for
"donations" to the co-op.  We may only use it to pay for services.  I
made clear that we're talking about funding prepaid balances--
something specifically forbidden under the rules the last time we
checked but now not on the "forbidden" list-- and they still said it
was ok.

So, Adam or whoever, you should sign up for this, presumably by
creating an Hcoop Google account/gmail address.

I think an Hcoop-Announce message would be appropriate, too.  In the
message, I would add that Google is still offering $10 "free money" for
new users of Checkout.  Given the co-op's needs, I would encourage our
members to fund their accounts with whatever amount they can afford,
then increase that amount by the "free" Google $10.

frank