[HCoop-Discuss] Update

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Mon Mar 5 04:18:20 EST 2007

1. I finally got through to the accountants at Myer & Myer on Friday.  The
short of it is unfortunately they now prefer not to provide registered
agent services to non-accounting clients.  It would have been nice if they
had said that before we originally signed on with them two years ago.
Basically Mr. Myer said that he'll continue to serve as registered agent
until we are able to find a replacement.

So at this point I think we should go with a service that specializes in
providing registered agent services.  We were paying $100/year for Myer &
Myer, which is lower than I could find anywhere.  I have however found a
few professional services that will do registered agent services in PA for
$125/year and up.

One that looks good is Registered Agent Solutions, Inc., website at
http://www.rasi.com/
A big advantage with them is that with them we can sign up online, pay
with credit card, and update addresses online too, as opposed to Myer &
Myer which has no website and takes checks.  Since they specialize in
registered agent services, they should be less flaky.  I have already
refunded the $ that Adam paypaled me for Myer & Myer.  RASi is only
$125/year, which is still at the low end.

A complete list of authorized registered agents for PA is at
http://www.dos.state.pa.us/corps/cwp/view.asp?a=1093&q=431308 if anyone
wants to research other alternatives.

Note that we will also have to update our registered agent with the PA
Department of State.  I will check on the filing fee for that, I believe
it is $70.  It may be possible that RASi would file and pay it for us,
I'll check on that.

2. I just requested reverse DNS assignments for the Peer1 machines, should
be processed today.  Sorry for the delay.  I had thought we were going to
delegate the range and do it reverse-DNS ourselves, but I guess having
Peer1 do it simplifies it for us.

3. The next board election will begin on April 4, so if anyone wants to
run or make nominations, do so on the wiki at
http://wiki.hcoop.net/wiki/Election2007
You have until March 31.  This should be announced on hcoop-announce also.
While I'm mentioning it, I think that sometime over the next year  we
should reexamine our bylaws and consider increasing the board to 5 seats
for the 2008 election, and perhaps increasing the term for some or all of
the seats to two years.  However that is a discussion that should probably
not happen for another couple months.  Also we might want to try out doing
it differently, such as rather than.

4. I am going in for jury duty today, and will address some other emails
shortly unless I end up sequestered on some trial.  I'm happy to see the
new Adam come in as an admin.

5. There have been some developments in my job search that I can't really
speak about now, but I expect to be working within a week or two.