[HCoop-Discuss] package like "debbackup"?

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Tue Jun 19 21:37:39 EDT 2007

Aaron Hsu <aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net> writes:
> Might I suggest that a few simple scripts ought to be able to do this?

Yeah, that's my backup (no pun) plan.  But I have this nagging feeling
like there might be funny special corner cases that I forget, and
knowing that somebody else spent a few days thinking hard enough about
this to write a software package would make me feel better about it.

> 1. Generate a list of files on the filesystem.
> 2. Generate a list of files that belong to packages.
> 3. Compare the two and remove files from 2 that belong to 1.
> 4. Backup three using a date based backup system.

Don't forget conffiles.  Or non-conffiles that we have (for some
reason) altered.  It's stuff like this that worries me.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380