[HCoop-Discuss] Spamcop Integration

Aaron Hsu aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net
Wed Jun 13 07:39:25 EDT 2007

On 2007-06-12 19:30:29 -0500, Michael Olson <mwolson at hcoop.net> said:

> Aaron Hsu <aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if we make use of the SpamCop blocking lists to assist
>> us in blocking spam?
>
> Nope.  And we never will, if I have anything to say about it, unless it
> is just a very small contributor to an overall spamassassin score.  Any
> list that involves people submitting spam is prone to ignorant people
> posting messages that aren't really spam.

I was thinking that it ought to be possible to indicate how a message
might be marked spam with SpamAssassin. So that, perhaps, it could be
noted or somehow recognized that a given message comes from an IP on
the SCBL. Perhaps by default it might not contribute all that much to
the score, but if it were noted, then it might be possible for users
wanting to utilize block lists to use that information in their own
filters.
--
Aaron Hsu <aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net>

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he
could do only a little." - Edmund Burke