[HCoop-Discuss] Spam Assassin Problems

Michael Olson mwolson at hcoop.net
Tue Jun 12 08:29:56 EDT 2007

"John T. Settino" <nion at nion0.com> writes:

> Good evening,
>
> For the past couple days it seems as if Spam Assassin has ceased to
> work. 99% of my Spam is being delivered straight to my Inbox while a
> few messages make it to their appropriate destination. Also this
> evening I went into my Spam folder to find some "Adult" Spam dating
> all the way back from April that seemed to magically appear.
>
> Is anyone else having problems?

After some further testing, the problem seems to be with the
SpamAssassin daemon process.  For example, if I grab a sample email
message from my Inbox (call it "test-msg") and do:

cat test-msg | spamc

then no additional X-Spam-Level or X-Spam-Status headers get added to
the message in stdout.

Perhaps restarting spamd will fix this.

--
       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |