[HCoop-Discuss] useful reading

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Tue Jun 5 12:15:55 EDT 2007

Michael Potter <mpotter at hcoop.net> writes:
> It wouldn't make sense to add unnecessary accounting to the billing
> process, but it seems unfair to me that members who use few resources
> will pay the same as those who use a lot. The message there seems to
> be I get more for my money if I take up more disk space and
> bandwidth.

I think the only "consumable resources" here are disk space and
per-byte bandwidth (ie above the base peering fee).  Both of these are
a very small fraction of hcoop's total costs, which seem to be mostly
fixed costs.

Really, I think the only scarce resource is "administrative hassle".

I don't think billing for "resources" is going to make sense unless we
have a user who wants more than 10x the disk space of a regular user,
or more than 1000x the bandwidth.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380