[HCoop-Discuss] Local configuration needed for kinit?

Justin S. Leitgeb leitgebj at hcoop.net
Tue Jun 5 12:06:58 EDT 2007

Anders Petersson wrote:
> mån 2007-06-04 klockan 14:53 -0700 skrev Adam Megacz:
>
>> You should be getting all this stuff automatically via DNS.  If that's
>> not happening, you really need to fix it.  These settings may change
>> at any time, without notice.
>>

> Further digging reveals that the issue is that La Fonera (wifi router
> related to FON) doesn't respond with any SRV dns records.

I think that this was the reason that I had to hard-code information
about the HCOOP AFS cell in my configuration previously as well.  My
local router runs OpenWrt, and the stock djbdns configuration contained
a line "filterwin2k" which seems to just block SRV requests.  I
commented this out following this page on the openwrt site:

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/557

Is La Fonera also based on OpenWrt?  If so, I'm thinking that it may use
djbdns with the stock configuration as well.

I haven't tested the new OpenWrt config on my end yet but I'm assuming
that it will work.  Adam M., do you know the specific SRV record that is
served to AFS clients for our cell?  This would be useful for
troubleshooting.