[HCoop-Discuss] Local configuration needed for kinit?

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:18:42 EDT 2007

> You should be getting all this stuff automatically via DNS.  If that's
> not happening, you really need to fix it.  These settings may change
> at any time, without notice.

Is that to mean that this should have worked?

skruger at skrugerLT:~$ kinit skruger at hcoop.net
kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
credentials
skruger at skrugerLT:~$

I'm on my work laptop.  What do I need to do to make this work?

I have not worked with kerberos very much (editing krb5.conf and
running kinit to prepare for samba ADS join).

Shaun

--
Visit my blog at http://hackerlog.blogspot.com