[HCoop-Discuss] Local configuration needed for kinit?

Anders Petersson demitar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:53:12 EDT 2007

I ran into, and worked around, a snag when trying to run kinit to allow
both passwordless ssh login and mounting the afs cell locally. (This is
all running ubuntu by the way.)

Running kinit ... at HCOOP.NET failed and after looking around on mire I
basically ensured /etc/krb5.conf contained:

  [realms]
  HCOOP.NET = {
          kdc = krb.hcoop.net
          admin_server = krb.hcoop.net
  }

  [domain_realm]
          .hcoop.net = HCOOP.NET
          hcoop.net = HCOOP.NET

and pointd krb.hcoop.net to deleuze (although I obviously could have
pointed to it directly this seemed to make more sense for the future,
when that dns record goes live) locally in /etc/hosts:

  69.90.123.67 deleuze.hcoop.net krb.hcoop.net

after which the rest of the instructions worked flawlessly.

My questions are thus:

 * Is this expected and/or the correct solution?

 * Should this be in the wiki and/or mail sent out on account creation?

/Anders