[HCoop-Discuss] useful reading

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Mon Jun 4 16:22:59 EDT 2007

Michael Potter wrote:
> Also there's the matter of the pledge system for dues vs. tiered
> service levels. The pledge system is working for now, but will it
> always?

I'll just repeat that this system is only intended to be used in the
short term.  I expect that we'll switch back to equal shares for all
once we have enough members that monthly expenses are under $5 when
split evenly.

This doesn't include at-cost charges for resource use where such charges
seem reasonable.  I hope we never have "tiered service levels" but
rather charge for resources used based on how much it costs us to
provide them.  I imagine that most if not all members would prefer such
a system to tiers.