[HCoop-Discuss] [megacz] Billing for one-time costs

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Sat Jun 2 19:16:37 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 08:13:51AM -0700, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> The co-op has an agreement with Graham Freeman that he'll be credited
> $50 for his donated mounting rails once we verify that they work for
> us.  Unfortunately, there have been some significant delays in the
> mounting process.  I was hoping to make the charge after that process
> was finished, so that the concrete list of set-up costs would be clear,
> but now it looks like we should go ahead with the charge using
> "optimistic" assumptions that everything will work.

Provided they're the correct type of rail, all should be fine. I take
it you mean charging the rails as part of the big billing would
simplify things, and I agree with that.

> So, here's my proposal for what to do.  I will implement it if, by this
> time tomorrow, this mailing list seems to agree with it.
>
> I will e-mail hcoop-announce announcing simultaneously that 1) we
> encourage everyone to start migrating and 2) here comes a big old bill.
<SNIP>
> The migration instructions are key to letting everyone obtain a password
> that he can use to access the new portal, so that he can set his pledge
> amount.  The announcement e-mail will come with a recap of the pledge
> system and an explicit statement that the set-up costs and all charges
> to follow will be apportioned according to pledges.  I will tell
> everyone that they have a few days (how about 2?) to set their pledge
> amounts before I add the charge.
SNIP>

I think this is a good plan. My hope was that once the migration
really started to happen we'd redistribute the costs for the new
systems, so I heartily approve of this.

--
Michael Potter
mpotter at hcoop.net