[HCoop-Discuss] hardware questions

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Tue Jul 3 19:35:57 EDT 2007

Yes, same chassis but older internals.  I'll get precise specs
tomorrow, but I think it's a 450mhz USparc-3 with twin IDE drives
(currently empty bays; I'll rummage around for some drives).  I think
it has a gig of ram.  I was running linux on it last time I used it.

I'll be quite frank about this: it's very slow compared to deleuze.
But it's small (1U), rackmountable, very reliable, and has a LOM port.
Most importantly, it's available immediately: just tell me what
address to ship it to and what IP to preconfigure it with.

  - a

Michael Olson <mwolson at hcoop.net> writes:
> Adam Megacz <megacz at hcoop.net> writes:
>
>> If deleuze fails, we have emergency data backups but no hardware
>> recovery plan.  I've offered a 1U Netra to act as a secondary
>> (failover) AFS server.
>
> Is it similar to this?
>
> http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hw/networking/120/
>
> I'd like to know the specs of this machine that you are offering.
>
> --
>        Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
>  http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |
>             Sysadmin -- Hobbies: Lisp, GP2X, HCoop    | |_] | \| |_|
> Projects: Emacs, Muse, ERC, EMMS, ErBot, DVC, Planner |

PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380