[HCoop-Discuss] Regarding https

Tanveer Singh tanveer at hcoop.net
Wed Dec 19 00:41:45 EST 2007

Hi,
I was going through the member manual for new setup, and it seems that
for https you need to request IP and blah blah blah.
Now this thing is good for people whose websites are being logged in
by other people and they cannot have certificate errors showing up,
but for someone like me who uses https just to prevent password theft,
it would be a good idea to use something common. For example on old
setup, I used https and got warnings of certificate not matching the
site etc., but I don't care about warnings.
Can there be an update about the same on the wiki on how to get https
without all this ip request thing. This way we can use https, no new
ip addresses are needed. Of course there will be certificate warning,
but those of us who use this only for admin account logging in, its a
don't care.
Tanveer