[HCoop-Discuss] RAM upgrade on Mire

Graham Freeman graham.freeman at cernio.com
Wed Dec 12 17:19:19 EST 2007

I think it's important to test in the environment it'll be operating in, especially with mismatched RAM modules.

Taking a production machine down for an hour of your advance choosing is far better than having it go offline unexpectedly.  Take it from someone who has been spending a lot of time in the datacenter recently.  :)

Members will appreciate this:

"We're going to take services offline for an hour next Sunday so that we can carefully upgrade and test more RAM."

much more than this:

"The server has been flaky and/or offline for the last day because we didn't adequately test a recent upgrade.  Sorry about that."

Graham Freeman
Cernio Tech Co-Op
(sent via handheld)