[HCoop-Discuss] Period for reviewing membership applications

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sun Dec 9 16:03:52 EST 2007

Adam Chlipala wrote:
> Our informal policy and our main web site say right now that we give
> current members two days to review new applications before we might
> accept those applications.  Should we just nix this and add applicants
> as soon as a majority of the board members have voted to admit them?  Or
> should we lower the informal waiting period length, or what?
>
> Without any replies to this by the end of the weekend, U.S. Eastern
> time, I will take the new informal policy to be that we should add
> applicants as soon as they have enough board votes.

I agree with this.  It especially doesn't make sense to keep those who
have been on the waitlist for membership to unfreeze to be kept waiting
longer.

My bylaws modification proposal would include a waiting period for new
members' voting and ownership rights to vest, which would further
decrease risks associated with this.