[HCoop-Discuss] Financial situation

Zach A zach.a at quakerism.net
Sun Apr 29 23:27:15 EDT 2007

I'll throw in my two cents too.

For the record, when Adam appealed for funds initially a couple weeks
ago, I did what I could at the time, even though it was a measly 60
bucks or so. And I'm more than willing to invest more money into the
coop during this transitional time, under whatever scheme. I just
happen to be pretty broke (due to getting caught up on my student
loans), and can't manage a significant amount ($100-200) until the
Friday after next (5/11). If we really need funds before then I could
perhaps manage $50 this week. And I think I can manage another $100
or so by the end of May if necessary.

I agree with Justin and others that we should try to set aside money
each month for repairs, emergencies, etc., and think one way to
facilitate this would be to standardize what a monthly share is –
$4.00 for example, with the remainder being set aside, assuming our
monthly costs per share resume being under $4 after the transition is
finished.

(On a side note, IMHO having a set share cost is also essential for
marketing purposes – reading "your cost would be $4/month" is more
compelling to a prospective member than reading "your cost would be
under $5/month, but it varies, currently around $2/month" even if
technically the latter is cheaper.

Zach / za