[HCoop-Discuss] Financial situation

Gregor Larson gregor at hcoop.net
Sat Apr 28 14:44:43 EDT 2007

>From my point of view, $40 or $50 per member doesn't seem excessive if
it gets us access to some stable, good-performance systems. If it
wasn't for hcoop I would probably be with bluehost.com who wants about
$170 for a 2 year contract.

Because I only joined in February, I don't really understand the new
Peer 1 arrangement. The charges to my account so far seem very modest.

Perhaps a summary statement of where we are with Peer 1, what you
think we will achieve  and and a rough estimate of the monthly costs
going forward would help us (less informed) members.

Other CO-OPs (non Internet related) I belonged to in the past required
members to buy a 'share' in the CO-OP when they joined. This share
would be refundable when the member left the co-op (assuming the CO-OP
continued). An up-front 'share' might impede new membership slightly,
but there is a certain fairness about it. I would be willing to buy a
share in hcoop.

I doesn't seem fair or sustainable for Adam to subsidize the rest of
us,  even if this is his hobby ;)

Thanks,
   - Gregor (in North Carolina, soon to be in Ottawa).