[HCoop-Discuss] Exim again

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Wed Apr 18 11:12:27 EDT 2007

> On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 10:33 -0400, Nathan Kennedy wrote:
>> Any clues?  Or does exim just really hate AOL and/or atheists?
>
> I have no clues, but have experienced the same problem with all messages
> coming from aol.com.  Since I have neither the time nor the expertise to
> fix this, I always filter the spam trap for aol.com messages before I
> empty it.
>
> frank

Actually I was confusing X-Spam-Flag and X-Spam-Status in my second email.
 {def} really does behave the way I originally thought, but "fixing" the
filter as I proposed would simply whitelist @aol.com, as you have done.
Spamassassin does not, as configured, scan messages flagged with
X-Spam-Flag, since this means they have already been flagged as spam.

See, eg,
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060529/msg00013.html
http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2004-09/80

AOL is sending out all its mail with "X-Spam-Flag: NO".  We could
reconfigure SA to scan messages already flagged with X-Spam-Flag, but this
is sheer idiocy on AOL's part.