[HCoop-Discuss] Voter Turn Out

Jeffrey Drake jptdrake at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 00:18:03 EDT 2007

When there are 4 people who are running for 3 positions, one of whom
has no stated position and when prodded, denies the democratic process
by thinking it is not a good time to talk about position. Otherwise,
within the first couple days it seems obvious who will win.

So I do not expect a large turn out. Two elections ago in London, ON,
the incumbent mayor didn't do anything (denying the democratic
process) for her campaign and won anyways.

As for Mr. Bettis' comment on coop principles, he is right that it is
not unexpected. I personally feel like I have little I can do beyond
voting. I use the service very little at this time and for the
foreseeable future, and my activity is essentially reading a couple
interesting emails here or there. I have no special skills in the
maintenance of the system, or else I would certainly try to help. It
might be a good goal to try to train some members on the maintenance
of these systems rather then a few (the perception I am getting)
people that are currently able to.

- Jeffrey Drake.