[HCoop-Discuss] Schedule for moving into new colo facility

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Sep 30 15:44:56 EDT 2006

Based on my own constraints, I'm thinking that the weekend of November
18 and 19 would be a good time to plan to move our new server
infrastructure into the Peer 1 colocation facility.  Nathan already has
one of the two servers we're planning to move in (Justin Leitgeb's
donation), and Ray Racine has said that he'll mail Nathan the other
server Any Day Now.  We're planning to move our current secondary server
Abulafia into the new colo facility later, after the basic
infrastructure proves stable.

So, any objections to that time?  I'm expecting that all of the people
who have volunteered for particular jobs will be pretty busy during this
period, if we want to get everything done in one fell swoop.  The people
I'm thinking of are:
    * Me, setting up domtool and other custom software [and also
advising on miscellaneous sysadmin things that others are taking over]
    * Nathan Kennedy, physical installation of the hardware
    * Justin Leitgeb, Davor Ocelic, and Michael Olson, our new set of
volunteer sysadmins, setting up literally everything else

So, I'd especially like to hear from these people if that would be a bad
time for an intensive weekend hacking session.