[HCoop-Discuss] initial setup challenge

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Fri Sep 29 16:05:52 EDT 2006

Julien Barnier wrote:

>This is how I understand the question. I really could be wrong,
>because I am far from a Mailman expert, but it seems to me that
>hosting a mailing list within a domain whose content is elsewhere is
>impossible ? The administration and management interface would not be
>accessible in this case ?

That depends on what you mean by content.  Clearly the DNS servers that
you've marked as authoritative for your domain must point to HCoop for
handling e-mail for Mailman to work, but there's no fundamental problem
with doing this.  In particular, there are no issues with having web
sites elsewhere.