[HCoop-Discuss] Next-generation Domtool

Terrence Brannon metaperl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 11:22:35 EDT 2006

On 9/7/06, Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:

At the same time, is it really so hard to create a new directory when
> you'll be populating it with content shortly after?

I make a lot of subdomains (keeps money in my pocket instead of go-daddys :)
so I do this often.

There's no
> asymptotic penalty to requiring a single constant-time operation first!

No, my argument isn't one of algorithmic complexity, rather one of creating
a convenient API. Since creating the local directory structure is expected
and in most cases stereotyped, why not encapsulate this software usage
pattern to increase the comfort of the person using the API?