[HCoop-Discuss] IP allocations

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Thu Nov 16 01:09:25 EST 2006

I went in this morning and I have the keycard and cabinet key for our
Peer1 quarter cabinet now.
Today I ordered a second hard drive for the Sun Fire, same model as the
36G Seagate in it now, for RAID-1 mirroring.

We have been assigned 69.90.123.48/29 as our subnet, with six usable IPs.
I am allocating them as follows:
69.90.123.49 baltar.hcoop.net (nortel switch, courtesy of Shaun)
69.90.123.50 deleuze.hcoop.net (Dell PowerEdge, courtesy of Justin)
69.90.123.51 ?.hcoop.net (Sun Fire, courtesy of Ray, needs a name!)
69.90.123.52 abulafia.hcoop.net (our old server, still in St. Louis)
69.90.123.53-54 unallocated

I am moving in on Friday.  I won't have rails by then, so as a temporary
measure I will have to stack the servers, switch on Sun on Dell.  Once I
get rails I will mount them properly.  I think I will just network
configure Deleuze, and do a basic install off the netinst disk of Debian
Stable on the Sun Fire (currently running fedora).  Then our trusty
admins can get in and do their thing.