[HCoop-Discuss] Subversion security issue

Aaron Hsu arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net
Fri Nov 3 12:06:49 EST 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Adam Chlipala wrote:

> Requests for shared support for alternate version control systems (and
> new shared features in general) are always welcome on this list, but
> let's try to stay on topic here.  Members explicitly requested
> Subversion support in the past, and it seems like this security
> problem
> will force us to backpedal and stop offering it.

Well, that's what I meant. I was hoping that maybe offering
distributed SCM/RCS might provide a suitable alternative for people
who have been relying on the shared Subversion installation, which,
for security reasons, ought to be removed.

Aaron W. Hsu
arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net
Phone: 703-597-7656
IM: arcfide at hcoop.net (Jabber/XMPP/GTalk)